For NON-BIS users (BBOM[aka iphone plans]/normal data plan):
- You cannot receive and/or send emails using the Blackberry client.
- You cannot use any official blackberry apps (Yes, no facebook).
- You may use apps that do not require internet connection
- You may surf the internet (using the BBOM or WIFI)
- You can use normal phone services (eg. call or sms)
- (Users reported) You may use 3rd party apps that allows wifi.
APN for BBOM users:
Note to BIS/BES users: by editing your APN, you may incur additional DATA charges.
For all BIS users:
How do I know if my BIS is activated?
In mobile options, there is this options:
- Mobile network -> sim card services (i.e data, SMS or calls).
- Wifi -> Wifi module on your device
- Bluetooth -> well.. The bluetooth module
Service status -> how you are connected to different networks
Mobile network options:
- Data services -> whether you wan to utilize data or not (be it sim card services or wifi – does not apply to off when roaming: if off when roaming, data service via sim card services ie bis, will be turned off but wifi can be used)
- Mobile network -> connected to which telco
- Wifi options -> see what wifi profiles you have and wifi settings
What the internet connection statuses mean (right top corner)
If the Customer Service Officer says that your BIS is activated, yet you cant access the services, you can do this:
- Go to Options -> advanced -> host routing table -> register now!
- Then you should get a email saying you are registered to the server.
- After which, wait for a minute or so, then perform a battery pull.
- If problem still persists, inform your network service provider immediately.
If somehow you are disconnected from the data connection suddenly, go to manage connections -> turn on and off the mobile network.
If you have intermittent break in connection and the above don’t work:
- Call up your telco and request them to reset you network. Once done, do a battery pull – remove the battery for about 5mins.
Setting up APN picture tutorial: